Saturday 26 February 2011

Shutter Speed: The Stars

Following on from the moon, I experimented with the use of bulb when following the stars.
I set my camera up with an aperture of f14 and shutter speed on bulb. I left the camera for 29 minutes facing toward the stars on a clear night. This is the result:


I wondered why the photograph turned out a red/purple colour. I researched this online and the reason why this occurred was there was a huge amount of light pollution in the sky, i have taken this photograph in my back garden. If you were to try this technique and to enhance this photograph I would recommend going out into a field or open space away from a town or well lit area. This was cut out any extra light that the lens is absorbing from the air. Overall, I think this photograph is impressive as it captures the movement in the sky.  

No comments:

Post a Comment